The Tag Navigation Web Part for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 offers the following features and benefits:
* More efficient information access on SharePoint portals:
The tag navigation offers an additional, systematic and multi-dimensional way of navigation, that makes it very easy and fast to find information for users, that don't know, where the information is originally located. Simply browse the content by organizational tree, by product groups, by services, by customers or locations.
A great step forward for employee portals, extranets and corporate Internet sites.
* Company-wide taxonomies help to build a common language:
The web part also could be used as some kind of hierarchical glossary, very helpful for employees to find a common language and understanding in the enterprise.
* Well-known navigation - no training required:
Tree-style directories are very common and well-known. Users can work with this technique intuitively.
* No additional effort - Index is built automatically:
The index is rendered automatically as a result of tagging content using managed metadata. Starting nodes could be given from existing taxonomies. Tagging could be completely automatically with the Auto Tagger component.
* Flexible design and linking:
The web part comes with template-based output (XSLT). Additional information, such as title, ID, description, number of tagged items can be displayed. The tag can be linked to the tag profile as well as to the tagged content items and documents itself. External content can be linked as well.
* 100% SharePoint 2010 Technology:
The solution is completely based on the new Enterprise Metadata Management API of SharePoint 2010.
* The Tag Navigation Web Part seamlessly works with other components of the Knowledge Management Suite for SharePoint 2010 .
Available as part of the Knowledge Management Suite for SharePoint 2010. The given price is for the whole suite.