Search engine for your Internet or Intranet Web site. The program builds search indexes on your documents for further quick search. Search is doing via call to Search Engine COM component from any PHP script.
The product consists of three entities:
7s Indexer - a tool to create search indexes;
7s Search Engine - a COM component which you can use to add search functionality to your application or web site.
7sDoc - a windows application for searching files via search indexes;
The program's main features:
- found files are ordered by relevance, the most relevant to your query documents are shown at the top of result list. To value the relevance each file is estimated by several parameters such as frequency of search phrase, phrase position inside the file, presence of search phrase in filename, importance of search words, file size, file age, etc.
- you can create separated indexes for different directories with your documents. You can choose search area to perform independent search on files grouped by themes.
- supports fuzzy search. The program's search algorithm can look for document that match the given words and some variation around them;
- supports full-text search in files such as DOC, XLS, RTF, TXT, HTM;
- supports incremental reindexing of updated or new files;
- prevent indexing of files with dublicate content;
- can remove unexisted files from search index on reindexing;
- support unattended reindexing from command-line prompt, can be used with schedulers to automate reindexing;