Musical Palette program is a tool for the creation of melodies. The program is based on composition theory and the theory of harmony. The strong theoretical base makes the melody composing process easier. The basic features are:
1. The program implements twelve methods of motive development. Some of them are listed here: variation; inversion; repetition; sequence and so on.
2. The program knows the most commonly used triads and seventh chords of the key. The program represents the chords in a four-voice form. Any chord has many variants of an arrangement. For example: any chord note can be placed in the first position of the arrangement. The chord notes can be arranged adjacently (tight arrangement) or remotely (wide arrangement). The user can choose both the type of the chord and the arrangement of the chord.
3. The program understands the logic of the functional motion. That is, the program knows the rules, which describe how and in what sequence the chords appear in the chord progression. On each step, the program suggests only those chords, which are suitable for the current position in the chord progression.
4. The program understands the 'voice-leading' rules. The rules define how one chord notes transform to another chord notes. The chord progressions, where these rules are used, sound very harmonious.
5. The program contains demo-scripts, which show how to use the program.
6. The program has an option that exports the melody to a midi (*.mid) file. The exported file consists of three tracks: melody, chords, bass. You can import this file to any midi sequencer or style arranger to create a complete tune.