SQLFile extends and enhances your T-SQL programming environment by adding a suite of 117 functions to support direct access to the file system from within T-SQL scripts and stored procedures. SQLFile capabilities include:
* Easy processing and manipulation of path and file names (this can be done without file system access).
* Directory contents listings as table-valued functions or results sets with optional subdirectory recursion and pattern matching.
* Testing for existence of files and folders and retrieving attributes, access control settings, file sizes and timestamps.
* Copying, moving, replacing, renaming and changing the attributes of files and directories.
* Simple import of file contents as binary objects, text files or one-column tables (using a table-valued function).
* Simple import and parsing of delimited text files as multi-column tables (as a stored procedure output).
* Simple export of tables, query outputs or single values to delimited text, simple text or binary files.
* Internal data compression and decompression of binary data and text values to reduce storage and bandwidth consumption.
* Conversion between native binary data, binary encoded as base64 text and binary encoded as hexadecimal text.
* Conversion of text between different encodings and code pages (e.g. Ascii, UTF7, UTF8, Unicode, UTF32, language-specific code pages).
* Access to local volume and drive information on the server including free space, total space, available free space etc.
* Ability to read, write and alter large numbers of files & directories in parallel by applying functions in multi-row queries.