When a laptop is stolen it is not just the physical loss of a machine but also the valuable and sensitive information that it stores. Unfortunately, corporate and individuals do not have a plan to counter this yet. However, with Locate Laptop, they’ll soon be able to track and locate where their stolen machines are. All that users have to do is install Locate Laptop on to their computers. It resides and operates in stealth mode. They may login to their web-based Personal Tracking and Monitoring Page through www.locatelaptop.com to view and trace where their laptop has been accessed from. Unistal’s Locate Laptop™ is an application that locates reportedly stolen laptop from the World Wide Web. It can also silently inform you about the location of your employee's laptop!
How it Works?
1. Install Locate Laptop™ on your computer. It resides and operates in stealth mode.
2. You may login to your web based Personal Tracking and Monitoring Page to view
and trace where your laptop has been accessed from.
3. In an event of Theft, report to Unistal’s emergency response team or login to your
Personal Tracking and Monitoring Page and submit the theft.
4. This activates Locate Laptop’s WebSniff technology and alerts as soon as the
offender connects to the internet. The City and IP address are informed to the user.
It keeps tracking all the locations whenever the offender connects to the internet.
With the help of local law enforcement authorities you can retrieve your laptop.
5. Your critical files and information are silently transferred to our secure data server
from where you can login and download them. As soon the files are transferred,
they are encrypted on the stolen laptop. So the offender cannot view them ever.